Reminder : Procedure in event of Emergency School Closure
Procedure to be followed in the event of an Emergency School Closure
If there is any doubt in a parents mind about whether the school may be closed they are asked to follow the following routes of enquiring in the order listed.
1. Check your e.mails/text between 7.30 a.m. and 8.00 a.m. There is also the possibility that, class reps will also text you if they have your details.
2. Check St Charles Borromeo’s web-site homepage at www.stcharlesb.surrey.sch.uk from 7.30 a.m. If a decision is made earlier than this, information may be available from as early as 7am.
3. Parents should tune radios into Radio Jackie on 107.8 FM. The school will notify this station in the event of an emergency closure. Its web site is www.radiojackie.com
4. Check the Surrey County Council web-site which is https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/schools/school-closures However, in previous years, this site has taken time to update
5. Only telephone the school on 01932 842617 as a last resort as the office may not be open. Please note this is your last option and should only be used if you cannot access any of the information above.