All children have a right to high quality learning experiences and high quality care. St Charles Borromeo Nursery class aims to give every child access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, which meets their social, emotional, physical, moral, spiritual and cognitive needs.
This is achieved through providing opportunities for children to develop in a range of areas of learning and experience. Each child will have the opportunity to:
- Develop into fluent and confident communicators
- Enjoy and take an interest in books, fostering a desire to read for themselves
- Develop strength and agility
- Develop a spiritual awareness
- Foster feelings of awe and wonder, delight, joy and mystery
- Extend their natural curiosity, interest and fascination with the world around them
- Become creative and imaginative in their work and thereby develop a sense of personal achievement, individuality and self-confidence
- Learn through first hand experiences
- Become independent and develop a positive self-image
- Have access to the resources they need, thereby enabling children to do things for themselves.
- Experience learning in an indoor and outdoor environment that encourages a positive attitude to learning.
We believe that these aims can only be achieved with the support and understanding of parents and carers. Close involvement of parents based on a respect for them as the first educators is crucial to the success of the implementation of these aims.