Prayer and Liturgy
We believe that prayer and liturgy in our school aims to provide opportunity for all pupils and staff:
• To contemplate something of the mystery of God
• To reflect on spiritual and moral issues
• To explore their own beliefs
• To respond to and celebrate life
• To experience a sense of belonging and develop community spirit
• To develop a common ethos and shared values
• To develop the skills of reverence, contemplation, reflection, iInterpretation, empathy and meditation
• To enrich religious experience
• To grow in liturgical understanding.
• To reinforce prayers which are part of the Catholic tradition
• To reinforce positive attitudes
• To develop a sense of awe, wonder and inspiration in the person of Christ.
PRINCIPLES OF PRAYER AND LITURGY
All liturgies in this school will:
• Give glory and honour to God
• Be a quality experience, fundamental to the life of the school and its Catholic character
• Give children positive liturgical experiences, appropriate to their age, aptitude and family backgrounds in order to prepare them for the liturgical life of the Church.